What is jobactive?
jobactive is the Australian Government’s way to get more Australians into work. If you receive income support payments, such as Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payment we can help you find and keep a job through our jobactive program.
When you join echo, we will connect you with local employers and will help you to:
- write a resume
- look for work
- prepare for interviews
- get skills that local employers need
- find and keep a job
If you are unemployed and not receiving income support or not studying full-time, you still may be able to join our jobactive program.
If you need assistance to find sustainable employment, contact us by filling out our online form or calling 1300 194 240.
What’s the process?
1. Make an appointment online or by phone
2. Meet your dedicated consultant
3. Prepare for and find
4. Ongoing support once in a job
Why join echo?
At echo we are passionate about helping our clients.
We value you as a human, we take the time to listen and understand your circumstances and work with you to identify your strengths, interests and goals.
Together we will work towards finding meaningful employment.
We can help you by:
- Providing access to job searching facilities
- Finding jobs that are matched to your abilities and goals
- Helping you prepare a professional résumé and cover letters
- Helping you prepare for interviews
- Providing transport to interviews
- Marketing you to our network of employers and targeted employers
- Providing financial assistance with work related items, such as uniforms, required equipment etc
- Providing on-going support once you are in your new job
We are a not-for-profit organisation. This means we are able to remain true to our mission and values, reinvesting our profits back into you, our clients, and our community.
Our success is measured on the success of those that we help.
Due to past experiences with different Providers who did the bare minimum, echo has surprised me not only with their positive and proven hardworking attitude, they also work alongside me and the assistance is still there once I commenced employment, especially during COVID-19. Before finding a job with their help I was stuck at home, bored, with little to no money. But now I have a purpose and a good routine where I am able to now go buy groceries and not have to worry about my card declining.Barbara
“At echo, they encourage you, assist with interview preparation and offer feedback and advice afterwards. Since finding a job with their help my life has improved” – Brian
From job searching tips to information on wage subsidies, we have a library of resources available to assist job seekers and employers.
echo acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work.