If you are thinking about hiring any new employees, it is worth considering if your business is eligible to receive the JobMaker Hiring Credit.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen thousands of Australians lose their jobs and young people have been particularly hard hit. The Australian Government has unveiled the JobMaker Hiring Credit to incentivise employers to hire young people over the next 12 months.
How does it work?
Available from 7 October 2020, employers can access the JobMaker Hiring Credit for each new job they create over the next 12 months for which an eligible young person is hired.
How much is the credit?
$200 per week for eligible employees aged 16 to 29 years or
$100 per week for eligible employees aged 30 to 35 years.
What is the eligibility criteria*?
- Your new worker must be 35 years or younger and have received the JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance (Other), or Parenting Payment for at least one month.
- Your new worker must average 20 hours per week over a quarter.
- You cannot access more than one Commonwealth Wage Subsidy program for the same employee (including the Department of Education and Skills and Employments wage subsidies).
- You cannot be claiming JobKeeper Payments.
- You must be increasing your overall headcount by creating a new job (your eligibility will be based on your headcount and payroll on September 2020).
Contact us today for further assistance and to see if your business is eligible.
How do I find eligible employees?
echo can connect you with eligible, ready to work candidates. Ccontact us today to start the search.Contact Us
*Further eligibility requirements apply. Contact us to discuss your eligibility.